What girls want for Valentine's Day?
I know I might be biased (being a woman and all) but it seems to me that women are pretty simple. Most women that I know are pretty cliché. Though we appreciate the unusual, unique and creative gift idea, most women would be very happy with any of the basics jewelry, flowers, lingerie, chocolate.
The fact is that women, as a whole, are suckers for romance. We want to feel loved. That is why surprises are so prized. They make us feel as if he has been thinking about and planning for her-the "I am important " feeling.
Doing Something Is Mandatory
Now for the practicalities. Guys, if you are involved in a romantic relationship, and you want to remain involved in a romantic relationship, you must do something for Valentine's Day.
It's Not Romantic If It's Dictated
Even if she says that she doesn't need anything. That means she wants YOU to think of something. It is not romantic if it is dictated.
The Gift(s) :
- jewelry anything from a small charm to a big rock is good. The point is, YOU picked it out.
- flowers try a single red rose or 2 dozen tulips
- chocolate-be careful, this can be a mine field if she is on a diet
- lingerie another possible danger zone-if your relationship is not solidly sexual (i.e. marriage), this is probably not a good idea.
- the best gift write a love letter. Tell her how much she means to you. List all the little things you love about her , the smell of her hair, the back of her neck, her cinnamon rolls. Great poetry is not important. True feelings are.
- going out to a fancy restaurant, all dressed up
- a romantic evening at home delicious meal that YOU cooked, nice wine, candles, soft music. If you do this right you may get the gift that you probably want.
general rule on gifts if it needs to be plugged in, don't get it.
| ||By the way, for guys it's the opposite. If it can't be plugged in ... don't bother. |
- Do nothing momentous on Valentine's Day. Though it may seem romantic to propose on Valentine's Day, I know from experience that, if it doesn't work out, the memory of that day will be forever scarred. Likewise, don't break-up on Valentine's Day. You can deal with her for one more day.